Thursday, September 2, 2010

Down to the wire and the flock reduction

As per my usual, everything seems to be coming down to the wire. Truth is I get nervous but I also enjoy this kind of pressure regardless of how frustrating it is.

Good news is I now have a trailer which I can use for the show and I've gotten all my fowl I intend on showing into conditioning pens. The entry forms must be in by Sept. 27th, so whoever is in best feather by the 20th will be entered and the others merely sold.

As of the headcount I made the other night there are:

7 geese
6 ducks
47 adult chickens
6 young guineas
95 young chickens

that will be staying on the farm after I sell the rest.

Conditioning for the show I have:
6 LF Polish roosters
6 Bantam Polish roosters
1 Largefowl Houdan hen
18 Largefowl Polish hens
8 Bantam Polish hens
3 Bantam Cubalaya roosters
2 Bantam Cubalaya hens
1 Bantam Cochin rooster
8 American Game roosters
10 American Game hens

Pretty much all of those will be sold. Seriously, there is maybe 3 of those birds that will come home from the show. And on top of that there's a ton more birds I'm selling.


I'm also working on a bit of cd art for a musician, but will wait until I get the greenlight to reveal who it is and to link to their site on here.

1 comment:

James said...

Hi Bob,

Do you still have game birds? I got your info @ steelgame.com. Do you sell eggs?
If yes please email me on hacthornblue@gmail.com

Thank you.
James