Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Showing, Moving, Painting

As you can guess there's a lot going on lately. This entry will in some ways be my way of itemizing what is going on, what needs to be done, etc, etc.

First, Art:

- I have some election signs I agreed to paint for one of the locals that are due Sept. 1st - still doing the layout of the design
- I have a cd cover to produce - still sketching, but I haven't been given a deadline as of yet.

Second, Moving:

I'm moving in October to go back to Minneapolis, MN. This means:

- I need to price the cost of having internet installed in my new dwelling
- I need to pack
- I need to have my vehicle fixed up and road-worthy
- I need to have enough money to make this work
- I need to buy a new computer once I get there so I can work
- I need to sell a ton of my birds to generate money and to lighten the burden on my family who will take care of the ones I keep (til I can find a place for them up in Minnesota)

Which brings me to the Third act, Showing:

- I need to get my birds conditioned
- To do this I need to finish my conditioning shed
- I also need to reorganize the yard to make use of the stag pens for part of this conditioning
- I need straw for part of the pens
- I need to fix the windows and remove the interior of a trailer I bought to haul the birds to the show and sales in (its a camper trailer)
- I need to get the trailer licensed
- I need to make sure I have the money to cover traveling and entry fees
- I need to verify if anyone else is going with me.


Somewhere along the line I also need to make crates for hauling to the show, crates for the sales, fix the main chicken house roof, sell the free range chicks....all this needs done before the 8th of October. And I'm moving to Minnesota shortly after the 15th of October.


Can we say stressful?

No comments: